Digital transformation has changed society and the economy with an ever-deepening impact on everyday life and demonstrated the need for higher levels of digital capacity in institutions. The COVID-19 pandemic has further accelerated the existing trend of digitalisation and uncovered new and innovative ways for students and universities to organise their activities and interact quicker.
Challenges faced by higher education institutions
Higher education institutions:
- are facing dissatisfied students who have an increasing need to solve things digitally,
- are facing dissatisfied employees who spend a lot of their time typing, signing and scanning a large amount of documentation,
- have the problem of crowding during the admission and enrolment period,
- have a stack of papers waiting for the signature of the students/students office/dean.
Admissions and enrolment can be easier for students
The use of electronic signatures can simplify the process of admission and enrolment. The benefits for higher education are numerous:
- Faster admission process: Electronic signatures enable a faster and more efficient process of obtaining signatures on documents, which reduces the time required for administrative tasks and increases productivity of student offices.
- Increased security: Electronic signatures are more secure than hand-signed signatures because digital signatures and encryption are used to protect documents.
- Easier tracking: Electronic signatures allow for easier tracking of document signing status and provide detailed audits that can be used for tracking and review purposes.
- Cost savings: By using electronic signatures, higher education institutions reduce the costs needed to prepare and distribute paper documents, as well as the costs needed to maintain archives.
- Increased efficiency: Electronic signatures increase efficiency and effectiveness of work because they allow easy downloading and signing of documents via the Internet.
- Increased flexibility: Electronic signatures provide greater flexibility and mobility, allowing documents to be signed anywhere and anytime, which is useful for working with students who often travel and do not have a permanent residence.
- Increasing efficiency in communication: Electronic signatures enable a faster and more efficient response to requests for signing documents and provide an opportunity for easier exchange of documents and information within the institution.
Experience the benefits of electronic signatures
One way to experience the benefits of electronic signatures is to use Identyum Sign – a fully compliant electronic signature service that can streamline the process of obtaining signatures on any PDF document. Higher education institutions can use Identyum Sign for various documents such as registration forms, attendance sheets, grade reports, collaboration agreements, research-related documents, scholarship and financial aid applications, university-wide policies, compliance forms, office hours agreements, and other administrative documents.
Students can use the Identyum Sign in many situations such as:
- Course Enrollment: Students can use electronic signatures to sign course enrollment forms, consent forms, and other documents related to course enrollment.
- Disclaimers: Students may use electronic signatures to sign disclaimers related to laboratory work or other potentially hazardous activities.
- Financial Aid Applications: Students may use electronic signatures to sign financial aid applications and other financial aid related documents.
- Attendance Tracking: Students can use electronic signatures to sign attendance lists for courses or other activities.
- Consent Forms: Students can use electronic signatures to sign consent forms for surveys, research, or other activities.
- Documents related to the graduate or master’s thesis: Students can use electronic signatures to sign documents related to the graduate or master’s thesis, such as statements about the originality of the work, statements about assuming responsibility, and others.
- Documents related to the quality of service: Students can use electronic signatures to sign documents related to the quality of service, such as complaints or comments on the work of the institution.
- Other administrative documents: There are many other documents used in the university and students can use electronic signatures to sign these documents, which includes documents related to residence, student news and others.
Are you ready to experience Identyum Sign? Start today and try it here.